Zulip server release checklist¶
This document has reminders of things one might forget to do when preparing a new release.
A week before the release¶
- Upgrade all Python dependencies in
requirementsto latest upstream versions so they can burn in (use
pip list --outdated).
- Update all the strings on Transifex and notify translators that they should translate the new strings to get them in for the next release.
changelog.mdwith major changes going into the release.
Final release preparation¶
- Download updated translation strings from Transifex and commit them.
build-release-tarballto generate a release tarball.
- Test the new tarball extensively, both new install and upgrade from last release, on both Trusty and Xenial.
- Do final updates to
- Repeat until release is ready.
- Draft the release notes; see previous zulip-announce emails for the tooling needed.
Executing the release¶
- Post the release tarball on zulip.org and update zulip.org.
- Create a git tag and push the tag.
- Upload the release on GitHub so it doesn’t provide a broken release tarball.
- Email zulip-announce with the release notes.